A stir fry properly healthy, nutrient packed and tasty? Yessir!
I’m a complete sucker for stir fry’s. They’re tasty, quick, tasty, if done right they are really good for you and they’re tasty. This is combination of loads of recipes plus a little extra to give it that healthy edge and maintain the cracking flavour that means I don’t miss good food – this IS good food!!
Prep + Marinade: 20 mins
Cook: 20 mins
- 1 tbsp dry sherry
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 300g fillet/sirloin steak
- 1 red onion, thickly sliced
- 1 carrot julienned
- 4 cloves of garlic (I like garlic)
- 100g tenderstem broccoli
- 100g mangetout
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 100g kale
- 1 red chilli
- a handful of rouhly chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 spring onion thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- Mix the marinade ingredients
- Slice the beef thinly then pour the marinade over the meat and leave for 20 mins.
- Heat a tsp of coconut oil in a wok and add the beef, with a slotted spoon. Fry for 3 minutes then place onto a plate
- Clean the wok with a couple of paper towels then add a tsp of coconut oil, the carrots, onion and mushrooms. Then cover and cook on a medium heat for two minutes.
- Add the garlic, mange tout, kale, broccoli, carrot and a splash of water and cover. Cook on a high heat for two minutes.
- Once the water has evaporated and the chilli, beef, coriander, left over marinade and oyster sauce. Cook for 30 seconds then serve.
- Garnish with the spring onions and sesame seeds.
If carb’ing then some basmati rice goes pretty well with this – if not why not try a glass of Vino Nobile di Montepulciano from your local wine merchant. Chin chin!