The reason this dinner works so well is I can prep everything and get a decent leg workout while it’s all cooking!
- Two pieces of cod fillet
- Two sliced red onions
- 4x cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2x Peppers (red and orange) finely sliced
- 1x tbsp tomato puree
- Sprig of thyme
- 1x tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1x tbsp red wine vinegar
- Heat a small amount of coconut oil in a pan and add onion, garlic and thyme. Cook on a low heat for 10-12 minutes
- Add the peppers, tomato puree and sugar and cook (using a lid) still on a low heat for 25-30 minutes until everything is stewed down
- If the pan gets a little dry add a small amount of water
- Add the saffron, cumin and the red wine vinegar and turn the heat off after 1 minute
- Meanwhile heat a small amount of coconut oil in a frying pan and season then fry the fish skin side down until the skin is crispy
- Flick on your steamer and steam three types of veg, I normally use anything from kale, cabbage, julienne carrots, pak choi, bok choi, mange tout, baby sweetcorn, asparagus or any other veg I might find in the fridge
- Place the fish in your oven pre-heated to 240c for 5-6 minutes and reheat the pepperonata.
- Serve and drizzle the lemon juice over the fish
While this is cooking I will have knocked out:
- 4 x 12 60kgs Dead lifts
- 4 x 10 40kgs Leg extensions
- 4 x 20 20kgs Lunges
…for desert I’ll have a protein shake!